Once again we're taking the Activist Academy on the road for our biggest tour yet!
Join the ACLU of Idaho staff and other emerging social justice leaders for a day-long training where you’ll build foundational knowledge in advocacy and grassroots activism to mobilize around the issues that matter to you. Lunch and snacks will be provided. All trainings are free and open to the public.
This year we've included eight stops around Idaho as we are always seeking to diversify the group of emerging and established community organizers and activists around the state.
Come learn and connect at an Activist Academy training near you! See dates and locations below. All trainings are from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Check-in begins promptly at 9:15 AM. Please note the application deadline for each training.
- Apply for Boise Activst Academy: Saturday, September 21, 2019 - Family Advocates 3010 W State S. Deadline to apply: 9/17 by 5 PM MST
- Apply for Couer D'Alene Activist Academy: Saturday, September 28, 2019 - North Idaho College, Hedlund Building, room 231, 1000 W. Garden Ave. Deadline to apply: 9/20 by 5:00 PM PT
- Apply for Moscow Activist Academy: Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 1912 Center Fiske Room, 412 E 3rd St. Deadline to apply: 9/20 by 5 PM PT
- Apply for Burley Activist Academy: Saturday, October 5, 2019 -Community Council of Idaho, 437 E 13th St. Deadline to apply: 9/30 by 5 PM MST
- Apply for Twin Falls Activist Academy: Sunday, October 6, 2019 - College of Southern Idaho, Health & Human Services Building, N College Rd. Deadline to apply: 9/30 by PM MST
- Blackfoot: Saturday, October 12, 2019 - location TBD, application forthcoming
- Apply for Driggs Activist Academy: Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 1420 N Highway 33. Deadline to apply: 10/6 by 5 PM MST
- Caldwell: Saturday, October 19, 2019 - location TBD, application forthcoming
To make sure the Activist Academy is accessible to all people, regardless of financial status the ACLU of Idaho has limited money to cover some travel expenses. On your application, please provide an estimate of your travel expenses as requested and a staff member from the ACLU will follow-up with you.
Online applications are preferred, however emailed copies or applications mailed via post are also accepted. Find a printable PDF version of the application below.
Emailed applications can be sent to email@example.com. Please include “Activist Academy Application” in the subject line.
Paper applications can be mailed to:
ACLU of Idaho Foundation
2019 Activist Academy
P.O. Box 1897
Boise, ID 83701
For more information or to submit entry in person, please contact Jeremy Woodson: firstname.lastname@example.org.